Staff Accountant (Part-time 20-24 hours/week)
Let’s start with something big!
This part-time position will work with our bookkeeping staff and firm founder to provide general accounting, business advisory, tax preparation and planning and financial advisory services to our clients. This position offers opportunity for professional development, position advancement and client engagement.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to interact and support clients in various professions / industries, in person and remotely.
We are seeking talented individuals who are excited to be a part of a growing firm and team.
This is a perfect opportunity for a professional who recognizes the value of not working weeks filled with overtime and weekend hours. A candidate that appreciates work life balance and appreciates the flexibility to attend their kids afterschool conferences and sports games during the week. A family-centered individual that desires to have the best of both worlds – family and an advancing career.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual client service accounting tasks through the general ledger
- Proven ability to provide technical accounting support to bookkeeping staff
- Assist firm in supporting QuickBooks Online/Desktop for clients accounting needs/client questions
- Setup and conversion of client accounting systems to QuickBooks Online/Xero
- Trial balance preparation and year-end journal entries
- Tax Planning
- Preparation of tax returns – Individuals, corporate, partnership, and LLC’s
- Preparation of payroll, payroll taxes, quarterly returns, W-2’s and other necessary forms
- Preparation of business license, sales tax returns, and unsecured property tax statements
- Review and response to government notices
- This is an in-office position
- Bachelors Degree in accounting
- CPA or CPA Eligible/In Process
- Minimum of 2 years of prior CPA firm experience
- Team player; Outgoing, warm personality – we are high touch, relationship-based firm
- Detailed and technology-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and execute multiple projects and assignments
- Ability to work independently
- Solid computer skills and competence with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; QuickBooks Online/QuickBooks Desktop; Ability to learn software quickly
From $35 an hour, depending on experience
We offer flexible hours, PTO, medical and vision, 401k with matching and paid lunches during tax season
Submit Resume to: email@example.com
“Risk something or forever sit with your dreams.” — Herb Brooks